Nowadays, many of the major cruise lines offer various beverage programs for their guests. Below is a rundown of the major cruise lines and their various beverages packages and programs.
Carnival Cruise Lines
- Cheer’s – Offers guests 15 drinks a day including beers, wines, non-alcoholic cocktails, and soft drinks. Price: $49.95 per day.
- Bottomless Bubbles – Offers guests unlimited soft drinks at any bar or restaurant aboard their ship. Price: $4.50 per day for children, $6.00 per day for adults.
Note: Cheer’s is not yet available on each Carnival ship. It is currently known to be offered aboard Carnival Breeze, Conquest, Dream, Ecstasy, Elation, Fantasy, Freedom, Glory, Legend, Liberty, Magic, Miracle, Paradise, Pride, Splendor, Sunshine, Valor, and Victory. A 15% gratuity will be added to each purchase of a beverage package. If one guest in a cabin purchases the Alcohol Package, each additional adult guest in the same cabin must also purchase the package.
- Soda Package – Guests can receive unlimited fountain soda throughout their entire cruise. Price: $7 per night.
- Classic Non-Alcoholic Package – Offers guests Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water. Price: $14 per night.
- Premium Non-Alcoholic Package – Offers guests all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca Cola, Premium Bottled Water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, Specialty Coffees and Teas, Non-Alcoholic Frozen Drinks and Smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and Specialty Waters from Vitamin Water. Price: $18 per night.
- Classic Package – Offers guests the Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving. Plus, a 20% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board. Price: $44 per night.
- Premium Package – Offers guests the Premium Non-Alcoholic package. In addition, guests can order entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving. Plus, with purchase of the Premium Package, guests receive a 30% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board. Price: $54 per night.
- Wine packages can be viewed on Celebrity’s website.
Note: A 15% gratuity will be added to each purchase of a beverage package.
- All Inclusive Adult Beverages: Offers guests a selection of alcoholic (including draft beer and wine) and soft drinks by the glass and coffee, with the exception of Mini Bar products and premium brands. Price: $26.09 per night.
- All Inclusive Young Beverages: Offers guests between the ages of 4 and 17 a selection of soft drinks by the glass, with the exception of Mini Bar Products. Price: $14.72 per night.
Note: The Young Beverage package can only be purchased with an Adult Beverage Package.
- Soft Drinks Package: Offers guests unlimited soft drinks and juices in a glass in any of the restaurants and cocktail bars. Price: $6.50 per day.
- Wine packages can be viewed through Cunard’s PDF file.
Note: A 15% gratuity will be added to each purchase of a soft drinks package.
Disney Cruise Line
- Soft drinks are offered for free on the Lido deck and all sit down restaurants across the Disney Cruise Line fleet. Soft drinks will be charged at all bars and for room service.
- Wine packages are available onboard. Prices can vary between $84 and $292 depending on the length of your itinerary and the selection of your package.
Holland America Line
- Soft drinks “debit cards” are offered across the Holland America Line fleet with different values attached to each card. Guests can purchase a “debit card” for a lower price than the value of the card, which can be used to purchase soft drinks at any bar or restaurant.
- Alcohol Package – Offers guests a wide variety of beers, wine, and other alcoholic beverages. Guests are limited to 15 drinks a day and each drink may not exceed $7. Price: $39.95 per day.
Note: If one guest in a cabin purchases the Alcohol Package, each additional adult guest in the same cabin must also purchase the package. A 15% gratuity will be added to each purchase of a beverage package.
- Allegrissimo Adult Package – Offers guests unlimited wine by the glass (choice of 2 whites, 1 rosè, 2 reds, 2 sparkling wines – 1 dry and 1 sweet), draught beer, soft drinks, mineral water and a wide selection of drinks and cocktails from the bar, as well as take-away ice-cream in a cone or cup.
- Allegrissimo Adult Premium Package – Offers guests unlimited wine (from the “by the glass” menu), draught and bottled beer, soft drinks, mineral water and all drinks from the bar (including champagne cocktails, single malt wiskies, superior brandies and other premium spirits), drinks from your minibar (except on MSC Melody) and mineral water in your cabin, as well as all items from the ‘Gelateria’ menu, Pastry Shop and food from the Room Service menu.
- Allegrissimo Child Package – Offers guests unlimited soft drinks, mineral water, fruit juices, hot drinks, virgin cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes, as well as take-away ice-cream in a cone or cup. Price:
- Allegrissimo Child Premium Package – Offers guests unlimited soft drinks from the bar (including energizers, fruit juices, mineral water, hot drinks, virgin cocktails, smoothies and milkshakes), non alcoholic drinks and snacks from your minibar (except on MSC Melody) and mineral water in your cabin, as well as all items from the ‘Gelateria’ menu, pastry Shop and food from the Room Service menu.
Note: The package must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors, who must book the Child version of the package.
Norwegian Cruise Line
- In Testing – Norwegian Cruise Line is currently testing an “all you can drink” package that costs $49 a day. The drink package is currently testing on select Norwegian Cruise Line ships.
- Unlimited Soda Package – Offers guests unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurants aboard their ship. Price: $5.18 per day.
- Unlimited Soda & More Package – Offers guests unlimited soft drinks, plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price: $8.05 per day.
- Canned Soda Package – Guests can choose any six canned sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale. Price: $11.75.
- Beer Package – Guests can choose any of the following beers and receive six for the price of five: Beck’s, Coors Light, Dos Equis, Miller Genuine Draft, Miller Lite. Price: $23.25.
- Cafe Selects Coffee Card – Guests can enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks along with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Price: $31.
- Unlimited Beverage Package – Princess is currently testing a beverage program, which would allow guests to enjoy unlimited cocktails and spirits less than $10, all glasses of wine and beer less than $10, soda, shakes, coffee, tea, espresso, and other non-alcoholic drinks. Price: $49 per day.
Note: The Unlimited Beverage Package is currently only available onboard the Star and Sapphire Princess. The package will be rolled out to the remainder of the Princess fleet by spring 2014.
- Royal Replenish – Guests can enjoy unlimited fountain soda (including Coca Cola Freestyle machines where available), non-alcoholic cocktails, premium coffee, premium tea, and bottled water. Price: $20 per day.
- Select – Guests have the choice of beer, wine by the glass (up to an $8 value), fountain soda (including Coca Cola Freestyle machines where available). Price: $40 per day.
- Premium – Guests can choose from call and premium cocktails (up to a $10 value), frozen cocktails, beer, premium wine by the glass (up to a $12 value), non- alcoholic cocktails, bottled water, and fountain soda (including Coca Cola Freestyle machines where available). Price: $55 per day.
- Ultimate – Guests can enjoy all options from Premium and Royal Replenish packages. Price: $65 per day.
Note: All packages include gratuities in their base prices. Guests who purchase Select, Premium, or the Ultimate package will also receive a 20% discount on bottles of wine. Guests sharing a stateroom with a cruiser who purchases a drink package will NOT be required to also purchase the drink package.