The Norwegian Epic, Norwegian’s largest ship to date, is truly (and literally) in a class of her own. Carrying just over 4,000 guests, offering 15 unique dining experiences, multiple entertainment venues, an expansive casino, a rejuvenating spa, a rock climbing wall, an outdoor nightclub, and 3 massive waterslides – this ship is truly Epic.
Aboard the Norwegian Epic, guests have an impressive variety of dining spots to choose from. With everything ranging from Chinese to Brazilian, tuxedo to cargo shorts, and early dining to late in the evening, guests are truly in control of their dining experience. Most guests often choose to dine in one of three restaurants: Taste, the casual dining room; The Manhattan Room, Taste’s slightly more formal sister; and The Garden Cafe, the ship’s buffet style restaurant. Of course, this is Norwegian Cruise Line and a number of additional speciality restaurants are available for your dining pleasure. For an additional fee, guests can dine in Cagney’s, the steakhouse; La Cucina, a quaint Italian restaurant; Le Bistro, a traditional French restaurant; Teppanyaki, a Japanese hibachi style grill; Shanghai’s, a Chinese dining spot; Spiegel Tent, a unique circus themed dinner show; and Moderno, a Brazilian churrascaria. In addition to these major dining spots, the Norwegian Epic also features a number of additional dining spaces, including O’Sheehans, Carlo’s Bake Shop, and Spice H20.
Forgetting the incredible dining aboard, the Norwegian Epic is all about entertainment. Christened by Reba McEntire, this ship naturally puts a big focus on entertainment. The Norwegian Epic features a number of “ticket only shows,” one of the first ships in the industry to do so, including The Blue Man Group and Legends In Concert. While most cruise ship entertainment typically falls below expectations, these shows kick that trend overboard. The Blue Man Group specifically is of the most entertaining experiences at sea, involving hilarious shenanigans, colored paint, and guests straight from the audience (including yours truly). Outside of the main theater, guests can laugh themselves silly at Headliner’s Comedy Club, sing along to their favorite songs with Howl At The Moon, or find their angel’s wings at Norwegian famous White Hot Party. Nights typically don’t end early aboard the Norwegian Epic, but you will soon find yourself running out of nights to make memories.
Norwegian Cruise Line is one of the the industry’s trendsetters, introducing the concept of “Freestyle Cruising.” Aboard the Norwegian Epic, this lifestyle is omnipresent. From dining, to entertainment, shore excursions, and even dress code: your cruise vacation is your time to do when you want, the way you want to do them. You will find the onboard atmosphere to be very casual, exciting, and rarely dull. Announcements are rare, food plentiful, and a smiling crew await to help you make the most of your cruise vacation. Aboard the Norwegian Epic, the ship is your oyster.
Don’t Pass Up
- Moderno Churrascaria: For meat lovers everywhere, this restaurant offers an incredible (and unlimited) array of meats, pork, and steak. The lamb, seafood chowder, and fried bananas are to die for. Oh, and don’t pass up the incredible salad bar.
- Howl At The Moon: Join in on an exciting, music filled night with your hilarious Howl At The Moon musicians. You’ll be reliving the jokes and songs throughout the rest of your cruise. Sweet Caroline, bum, bum, bum.
- Lemonade: The Lemonade on the Lido is not to be passed up. With a glass of ice, this cool drink will refresh you after a hot day in port.
- The Waterslides: Who said fun is only for kids?
- Tapas On Deck: While not advertised widely, most nights feature a tapas buffet at Spice H20.
- The Pretzel Rolls: Found only in the Garden Cafe, these rolls are more like all that is great about life baked into a small, pretzely roll.
- The Blue Man Group: Discover the intriguing and comical world of three blue men armed with marshmallows, a cannon, and colored paint. It’s a truly hilarious and exciting show not to be missed.