Royal Caribbean will introduce a new style of dining for the line’s two newest ships, Quantum and Anthem of the Seas.
Known as Dynamic Dining, the new approach to onboard dining will provide guests “more distinct options plus total flexibility to shape [their] own delectable journey.” Both new ships will offer guests a total of 18 unique dining experiences, six of those being new dining experiences for the Royal Caribbean fleet. The new restaurants will have no assigned tables, assigned table mates, or even designated formal nights. The new Dynamic Dining experience allows guests to create their own dining experiences tailored to their tastes.
Five of the 18 dining experiences will be offered to guests on a complimentary basis. Each restaurant will feature a unique menu, open seating, and no set dining times.
- American Icon Grill, a take on the classic American road trip, pulling together best-loved regional favorites into one comfort-style menu,
- Chic, where the height of contemporary cuisine is realized and the freshest ingredients, such as proteins that pack a punch and sauces made from scratch, are evolved for a modern palate,
- Silk, a vibrant and exotic destination where the spices of the Far East bring new flavor to adventurous palates through a Pan-Asian menu,
- The Grande, a luxuriant nod to a bygone era of classic European ocean liners when dining was a time honored ritual, featuring timeless dishes, and where every night is formal night,
- Coastal Kitchen, a concept created exclusively for suite guests, fusing Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California’s bountiful farmlands.
Known as “Next Level Dining Options,” guests can choose to dine in a number of premium restaurants.
- Wonderland, an elaborate feast for the senses in a setting where Royal Caribbean chefs twist their culinary kaleidoscopes to invent a dreamscape of never-before-seen fare,
- Jamie’s Italian, with a menu designed by award winning Jamie Oliver, Jamie’s will feature rustic Italian favorites, handmade using seasonal ingredients and Jamie’s tried-and-tested crowd pleasers,
- Michael’s Genuine Pub, the first American gastropub at sea and the next evolution of Royal Caribbean’s relationship withJames Beard Award-winning chef Michael Schwartz, offering simply-prepared food and drinks made with quality ingredients from the best artisanal producers,
- Devinly Decadence at Solarium Bistro, Royal Caribbean’s fittest dining destination, serving the foods you love all under five-hundred calories, designed by Devin Alexander, media personality, New York Times bestselling author and chef of highly-rated television show, “The Biggest Loser.”
- Additionally, versions of Royal Caribbean favorites, such as Chops Grille steakhouse, Izumi Japanese Cuisine and Chef’s Table, will all return on the Quantum class with a revamped look and even more WOWs than before.
Guests can also enjoy a number of complimentary, laid back dining options.
- Windjammer Marketplace, a Royal Caribbean dining mainstay gets a new twist on Quantum class as a global culinary pavilion that invites guests to explore the world, dish by dish through enticing food islands, interactive stations, made-to-order specialties, an on-site bakery and a 24-hour station called The Grill,
- The Cafe @ Two70˚, a new gourmet marketplace serving savory hot-pressed sandwiches, salads made to order, handmade soups and more,
- SeaPlex Dog House, the first food truck at sea offering gourmet hot dogs for all to enjoy in SeaPlex, the largest indoor active space at sea.
- These venues join returning casual-feel favorites including Sorrento’s, Cafe Promenade and Johnny Rockets (cover charge applies).
“Royal Caribbean has long offered flexible dining options, but Dynamic Dining provides a whole new level of flexibility, variety and quality. We believe our guests will especially appreciate the array of experiences, the selections of foods and extent of choices in our complimentary, full service restaurants. Our specialty dining options are a WOW; now with Dynamic Dining, we are raising the bar by also offering more choices of high quality, distinctive, complimentary restaurants than ever before – this truly changes everything for us,” saidLisa Lutoff-Perlo, Executive Vice President, Operations, Royal Caribbean International. “On our Quantum-class ships, guests will have the opportunity to set out on a spectacular culinary journey – with each night strikingly different from the last. This quantum leap builds upon our existing tradition of culinary excellence.”
All of these new and returning dining options will debut aboard the first of three Quantum Class ships, Quantum of the Seas. Quantum of the Seas is currently under construction at Meyer Werft in Papenburg, Germany. The ship is scheduled to debut in November 2014 in New York City.