Baseball fans can celebrate the sport of baseball with a unique opportunity to meet and mingle on a complimentary basis with all-time legends, representing leading teams on select 2013-2014 Caribbean sailings of MSC Divina.
While sailing the Caribbean, guests interact with former Major League Baseball stars in a variety of clinics and scheduled events. Free autograph sessions are one of the most popular aspects of the Baseball Greats experience. Nicknamed the
“Bahnsen Burner” for his famed fastball, former New York Yankees star pitcher, Stan Bahnsen, is host and emcee for all onboard activities on each cruise.
This is the ninth year MSC Cruises has hosted these popular cruises with a changing lineup of players. MSC’s Caribbean cruises sail roundtrip from PortMiami, featuring the following itineraries and baseball greats. (Lineup of players is subject to change):
- November 23rd – 7 nights calling at the private island of Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, San Juan, Puerto Rico and Philipsburg, St. Maarten. Frank Howard (two-time, American league home run king), Ferguson Jenkins (Texas Rangers hall-of-fame pitcher), Tommy Davis (National League batting champion, Los Angeles Dodgers), Kevin Seitzer (All-Star third baseman for Kansas City Royals, Milwaukee Brewers and Cleveland Indians) and Stan Bahnsen (New York Yankees star pitcher).
- January 12th – 6 nights calling at Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas, Georgetown, Cayman Islands and Cozumel, Mexico. Ken Griffey, Sr. (Cincinnati Reds All-Star), Art Shamsky (New York Mets “Miracle Mets”) Cookie Rojas (All-Star shortstop, Philadelphia Phillies and Kansas City Royals) and Stan Bahnsen.
- February 8th – 7 nights calling at Georgetown, Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Mexico, Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Rudy May (starting pitcher for the Angels, Orioles, Expos, Yankees), Jim Fregosi (All-Star shortstop with the California Angles and manager for four teams), Amos Otis (All-Star, Gold Glove center-fielder for Kansas City Royals) and Stan Bahnsen.
- March 15th – 7 nights calling at Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, San Juan, Puerto Rico and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Bill Russell (Los Angeles Dodgers’ star shortstop and manager), Ed Kranepool (New York Mets, major league record as pinch hitter) and Stan Bahnsen.
- May 10th – 7 nights calling at Falmouth, Jamaica, Georgetown, Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Mexico and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Gorman Thomas (Milwaukee Brewers American Leagues’ Two Time Home Run King),Gary Peters (White Sox, 1963 Rookie of the Year and All-Star pitcher), Randy Hunley (Chicago Cubs, All-Star and Gold Glove catcher, set numerous records, invented the hinged catcher’s mitt and Fantasy Camps) and Stan Bahnsen.
“Baseball Greats” offers free guest/player activities, including a player-hosted trivia game, question-and-answer session, guest pitching contest and lively storytelling session. Baseball players host hitting, fielding, base running, and defense strategy clinics.
Fares start as low as $499 and can be booked at www.msccruisesusa.com.