Holland America Line’s poolside Terrace Grill will undergo a major update this year as the line transforms the space into a gourmet bistro-style grill.
The new grill, which will be rebranded as “Dive-In at the Terrace Grill,” will receive a complete makeover of its space on the Lido deck as well as the menu. The new menu will feature a number of signature hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, and french fries. The menu will include:
- The Gainer, a burger served with a mound of crispy frizzled onions.
- The Cannonball, a signature burger topped with Gouda cheese, applewood smoked bacon and sweet caramelized onions.
- The High-Dive, a classic burger with cheddar cheese.
- The Back Flip, a chicken breast burger topped with guacamole and all the burger dressings.
- The Freestyle, a vegetarian burger with grilled portabella mushroom topped with melting Gouda and cheddar cheeses, avocado and Dive-In sauce.
- The Dive-In Dog, a hot dog topped with American-style mustard and a mound of crispy frizzled onions.
- The Dog Paddle, which is topped with sauerkraut, crispy bacon bits and German mustard.
- The Dunkin’ Dog, a signature hot dog topped with melty cheese sauce, pickled jalapenos and chopped red onions.
- Dive-In French Fries, served either plain, topped with Dive In Sauce, or cheese.
“We’re always listening to our guests and travel partners for ideas to evolve the dining experience on our ships with new concepts, and the Dive-In is an exciting enhancement to our culinary offerings,” said Richard Meadows, executive vice president of sales, marketing and guest programs for Holland America Line. “For a casual meal, Dive-In offers a delicious choice with a gourmet twist.”
The new poolside restaurant is currently open aboard the ms Amsterdam, ms Eurodam, and ms Massdam. The restaurant will be rolled out to the remaining 12 ships in the Holland America Line fleet over the summer.