Holland America Line has announced the 15 guests who will be competing in the Dancing with the Stars At Sea Champions Cruise aboard Nieuw Amsterdam on January 12th. Each of the 15 guests will represent one of Holland America Line’s ships in the competition. The 15 selected finalists scored the highest in the competitions from all the sailings of each Holland America Line ship throughout the past year.
The 15 guests and their professional shipboard dance partners will perform and compete in the main show lounge for guests, as well as the dance pros and celebrities from the hit ABC television show “Dancing with the Stars,” who will be onboard the Champions Cruise. The winning couple will walk away with the coveted Holland America Line’s “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea Mirror Ball Trophy” and title of Holland America Line’s first “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” Champion.
The winning guest competitors from throughout the year who will compete on the “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” Champions Cruise on January 12th are:
- Todd Greenquist of Scarborough, Maine, representing ms Amsterdam.
- Austin Tran of San Jose, Calif., representing ms Eurodam.
- Dorothy Hobart of East Amherst, N.Y., representing ms Maasdam.
- Randy Estoesta of San Luis Obispo, Calif., representing ms Nieuw Amsterdam.
- Kristin Capaldo of Cumberland, R.I., representing ms Noordam.
- Jose Javier Omar Angeles of Frisco, Texas, representing ms Oosterdam.
- Julie Hurt of Chicago, Ill., representing ms Prinsendam.
- Charles Simonds of San Rafael, Calif., representing ms Rotterdam.
- Jennifer Scott of Boca Raton, Fla., representing ms Ryndam.
- Daniel Honig of Philadelphia, Penn., representing ms Statendam.
- Trudy Morris of New Orleans, La., representing ms Veendam.
- Joyce Dolan of Indian Shores, Fla., representing ms Volendam.
- Allyse Ishino of Santa Ana, Calif., representing ms Westerdam.
- Agnes Roux of Las Vegas, Nev., representing ms Zaandam.
- Mimi Chan of Orlando, Fla., representing ms Zuiderdam.
“These guests wowed our guests and judges to win the dance competitions on their respective cruises this year, and we’re excited to see the best of the best compete to become Holland America Line’s first ‘Dancing with the Stars: At Sea’ champion,” said Richard Meadows, Holland America Line’s executive vice president, sales, marketing and guest programs. “Our ‘Dancing with the Stars: At Sea’ programming has been wildly popular and a highlight of our cruises, and the Champions Cruise is an exciting way to celebrate our first year of the program.”
Joining the Champions Cruise to perform in a special production show are Emmy Award–winner and five-time “Dancing with the Stars” champion Derek Hough, two-time winner Kym Johnson, Sharna Burgess, Emma Slater and Tristan MacManus. Celebrities set to perform include actress Sabrina Bryan, singer Joey Fatone and television personality Carson Kressley.
The Champions Cruise will take place on January 12, 2014 aboard ms Nieuw Amsterdam. The sailing will depart from Fort Lauderdale, sailing to Half Moon Cay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Key West.
The 2014 schedule will also continue to feature “Dancing with the Stars: At Sea” programming on every cruise throughout the year, in addition to six special “Dancing with the Stars” theme cruises featuring the show’s professional dancers and celebrities. Currently scheduled to sail on all six theme cruises in 2014 are professional dancers Tristan MacManus and Kym Johnson and television personalityCarson Kressley and actress Sabrina Bryan.