Well, it’s been quite a year. For the cruise industry, it’s been a year like no other. To help you refresh your memory in preparation for 2013, I have compiled the most popular articles on Cruise Currents from the past year. So let’s begin reliving 2012…
New Ships & New Orders
It was a big year for new ship orders and welcoming new ships into fleets…
- Carnival Breeze Christened in Miami
- Norwegian Orders the Breakaway Plus
- Costa Begins Construction on Newest Ship, the Costa Diadema
- Royal Caribbean Orders 2nd Project Sunshine Ship
- Carnival and Holland America Line Order New Ships
It was the year of all-inclusive alcohol and new policies!
- Carnival Cruise Lines Testing All-Inclusive Drink Package
- Royal Caribbean Reverses “Carry On” Wine Ban
- Royal Caribbean Debuts All-Inclusive Drink Packages on 13 Ships
New Homeports, New Itineraries, Port Expansions
Expansion on the high seas!
- Carnival Spirit Arrives in Sydney, Australia
- Grand Cayman Abandons Cruise Port Negotiations
- Disney Cruise Line Offers New 2013 Galveston Itineraries
- Port of Galveston Considering Port Upgrades & A New Terminal
- Norwegian Cruise Line to Return to Houston in 2013
- Princess Will Set Sail from Port of Houston in 2013
Renovations & Reveals
From complete makeovers to the debut of new features…
- Princess Cruises Reveals Top Deck Features Aboard Royal Princess
- Windstar Cruises Nears Completion of Fleet Renovation
- New Details of Carnival Sunshine Transformation Announced
- MSC Preziosa To Debut Aqua Park & Longest Water Slide At Sea
- Carnival Glory Returns From Fun Ship 2.0 Drydock
Other News That Made A Splash
From the good, to the bad, to the downright strange…
- The Tragedy of the Costa Concordia
- Carnival Triumph Arrested in Galveston – Updates
- P&O Cruises Ventura Suffers Serious Damage From Storm
- P&O Oriana Passengers Plan To Stage Protest During Debarkation
- Have you seen this bell? Concordia Bell missing.
- Holland America Line’s Volendam Rescues 76 From Sinking Tour Boat
Well, we’ve made it. I hope that 2012 has treated you well and I truly hope that you and your family have a safe and blessed 2013. I am very thankful for your readership this past year, and I look forward to creating new memories with you in 2013. See you next year!
P.S. If you’ve been wondering, my MSC Poesia review will be posted on January 1, 2013!