Well, I guess we can call this my first journal entry for my Zuiderdam cruise. Right now it is 4:06 pm, Wednesday, June 19th and I am currently packing for both my Zuiderdam cruise and my trip to Vancouver for Cruise360.
For those of you who don’t know, Cruise360 is a yearly convention aimed at promoting the cruise industry and travel agents. During the convention, CLIA (the main sponsor) hosts many informative workshops, seminars, and large general sessions to discuss the latest news and trends in the cruise industry.
Here’s what I will be covering here on Cruise Currents while at Cruise360:
- Roundtable discussions with cruise line executives.
- Press conferences from MSC, Royal Caribbean International, AMA Waterways, Windstar Cruises, Hurtigruten, Scenic Tours and SeaDream Yacht Club.
- Cruise industry trade show, showcasing the cruise industry’s finest cruise lines and products.
- A special sit down interview with Britt Rabinovici, Public Relations Manager for American Cruise Lines, and Susan Shultz, American Cruise Line’s Director of Sales.
- The Hall of Fame Dinner, showcasing the finest individuals in the cruise industry.
Obviously, there will be a lot for me to cover, so stay tuned throughout Saturday for my updates from Cruise360.
Finally, on Saturday, I will be boarding Holland America Line’s MS Zuiderdam for a 7 night Alaskan cruise. I will have the opportunity to call in Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan, as well as cruise through Glacier Bay and the Inside Passage. As usual, I will be posting a daily recap with photos and stories from my day aboard the Zuiderdam and exploring some of Alaska’s finest destinations.
For a more complete briefing of my cruise, you can click here.
Anyway, tomorrow will be my traveling day and I will be away from my computer for a majority of the day. I will be catching a 6:40 am flight out of Cleveland to Chicago aboard United and will continue through Chicago to Vancouver. I expect to arrive in Vancouver by around 10 am PT and will have the majority of the day to explore the city. While I will be away from the computer, I will be tweeting photos and updates throughout most of the day on my Twitter page.
I hope you decide to follow along on Cruise Currents as I return to Cruise360 and cruise into the Final Frontier and I look forward sharing my adventures with you!
Photo: Holland America Line.